Insulin For Ongoing Practice Management (INFORM)
The INFORM (INsulin For Ongoing PRactice Management) course is a FREE two-day workshop on insulin use in type 2 diabetes which is aimed at healthcare professionals in Lambeth and Southwark.
The course provides an introduction to insulin management, regimen types and patient educational needs. It is suitable for Practice Nurses, Community Matrons and GPs who are referring patients to begin insulin.
On completion of this course, participants will:
- Know when, where and how to refer for insulin initiation
- Understand the importance of pre-assessment for insulin therapy
- Have knowledge of local policy and guidelines
- Gain practical skills regarding devices, administration technique and sites, and dose titration
- Be able to offer ongoing management support to patients who have completed an Insulin Start Group with regard to Sick Day Rules, travel, driving, problem solving, and when to refer to secondary care if required
- Have had an opportunity for case discussion with members of the Diabetes Intermediate Care Team and Consultant colleagues
- Benefit from networking and sharing of knowledge and skills with colleagues across primary and secondary services
This course is offered three times each year at a variety of venues in Lambeth and Southwark. Courses will be advertised in Network Newsletter, Eventrain Newsletter and on this Website. To apply for a place, please contact the following individuals:
Tel: 020 8655 7842
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenny.email@example.com
Confirmation will be sent to applicants with a map and case study proforma. Applicants must be able to commit to attending the course for the 2-day duration, and must inform the individuals above if there is a need to cancel a confirmed place.
New dates TBC